Pages

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Godsmack Shows Off How Bulletproof They Are

Have I told you how much I love chord changes? Godsmack has plenty in its new single "Bulletproof". That's due in no small measure to the guitar work of Tony Rombola who strums fast and loose like its nobody's business. Vocalist Sully Erna lets it rip with sound and fury, lyric sheet dripping with venom like nobody's business. Observe the following poetry: "Contemplating, isolating and it's stressing me out. Different versions, contradictions. Why won't you let me out? I need a way to separate yeah but I promise I'll make sure you never forget me. Now that you want it. Now that you want it. Now that you need it. I'm too far gone. You're trying to blame me but I'm not breaking. I'm telling you I'm bulletproof. Believe me I'm bulletproof. You make me so bulletproof. And now I'm too far gone. Stunning expression of emotional depth that touches every bone in one's soul. It's cause for inner perusal, a cleansing of one's inner demons so they don't take over the chief parts of your rational mind. Shannon Larkin bangs away on drums with no small whit of enthusiasm. It lends itself well to the overall firepower of the tune. Chord after chord juggles past each one more hypnotic than the last. Taken as a whole "Bulletproof" has no small dollop of energy and it shows. No wasted movement here and it shows. It comes in at a rough and ready 2:57, just enough to get the point across without overstaying its welcome. It's one hell of an adrenaline rush you'll come to enjoy. It's worth your time and trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment